Tomorrow I head back to work so I decided today had to be the best day ever and it was. After doing "have to do everyday things" this morning I went over to the vacant building just south of us and cut TONS of roses to make a few bouquets (while Grace was sleeping). Then I packed up some lunches and Marc, Grace and I headed up to Big Cottonwood Canyon with the Phillips and we hiked to Dog Lake. I carried Grace on the way up and Marc carried her on the way down. Good thing because I fell in the snow on the way down. We miss the Phillips even more so now that they have Annie who was born less than a month after Grace. It was so incredibly beautiful up there. I wish we had more time to enjoy the mountains. I love the picture of us waiting for Jon to figure out the camera. We all were so exhausted and it shows. Marc hung the backpack in the tree so we could balance the camera on the backpack for the picture. After that we came home and made homemade pizza and used the leftover dough for cinnamon rolls. It was such a fun day. I don't like thinking about how many smiles, cute baby sounds, dirty diapers and feeding times I am going to miss out on now that I'm going back to work. Marc will have to send me pictures every second of the day when he is there and I'm not and then his mom will have to also. I will just have to make the best of every second I have with Grace in between work days. I am excited to go back to work, but I love this sweet little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Uh that stinks you have to go back to teaching! Did you use up all of your sick days? If not I would use those too. It is nice that you got so much time off with her though. Hopefully the end of the year will go fast. Only a few weeks right? And then you get a few more weeks for summer? Well I hope you are doing well and that your job is better than usual!
What beautiful roses - what a beautiful day - what beautiful photos. It has been a great maternity leave, hasn't it?
Love, Carolyn H.
Three cheers for Maternity leave! Life is sad without it!
Post a Comment