Tuesday, February 16, 2010

39 Days to go...

Well, here I am 34 weeks pregnant...5 weeks to go. Marc is doing his usual thing in the background-homework. I am making that face because I wanted to document my reaction to the large kicks. She is very active and loves to hang from the monkey bars also known as my ribs. Her little foot sticks out often and I have felt it from toe to heel. It's a small little foot! She doesn't seem to like it when I lay on my right side and she likes to kick a lot at night which can actually shake the bed and wake Marc up. When I eat sugar she gets very active and she gets the hiccups a lot. The first time I did the non-stress test her heart would beat 2-3 times and then hiccup. It lasted the whole appointment which was 1 1/2 hours! My hands have just started to swell and I fell again yesterday on my hands and knees because I tend to forget I have no sense of balance. We are excited to finally see what she looks like in real life rather than on an ultrasound. I go two times a week for a non-stress test. I just went off track on Friday so I am excited for the time to rest and prepare our place for March 26th.
I also wanted to throw in the picture of the valentine cake I made. Red velvet with cream cheese frosting berry sauce and heart sprinkles. The heart sprinkles were my last purchase I made at Williams-Sonoma. I was told I can go back and work any holiday, but I'm thinking I would rather spend my time away from school with the baby.

10 comments:

Drae said...

I get the same look when I feel a really hard kick or movement. I love the cake!! It looks so yummy!! I can't wait to see your little girl either. She will be so much fun. Hopefully when we move back, they can be good friends. You look great, by the way.

Yo said...

You're almost there!! Near the end of my pregnancy with Avery my hand was constantly on my belly pushing his feet out of my ribs, I know how that feels. Can't wait to see pics of her in a few weeks!

MXB said...

Wow your little girl seems really active, so sorry, I bet it makes it hard to sleep. Question, why are you going for Non stress tests two times a week? I had to do that as well becuase I had Gestational Diabetes. This time around, however, I don't have it so I don't think I will have to do those crazy tests. I hope you are doing well. Have fun with your lasts few weeks as DINKS =).

Amy said...

It's getting so close!! SO exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of your little one in a few weeks!
Enjoy your time off :)

Anonymous said...

Aunt LeJeune is also excited about seeing your darling little girl. I'm looking forward to hearing her name so I can enter her into the family record. Good luck, dear Katie, for this most exciting event in your life.

De Rosa said...

Love that picture of you so cute! And I am really excited for you to have your baby. ANd that cake was amazing thanks for sharing!

Jessica and Reece said...

You look fantastic, the cake looks fantastic and I'm sure your little girl will be fantastic too. Can't wait to meet her!

AJ and Cindy said...

that cake looks delicious, and you do not look like you are that close to delivering! You look great!

tiffany garfield photography said...

almost there!!! WAHOO!!! the pic made me laugh--you crack me up. don't you love those kicks?! your cake looks fabulous! i want it! from the looks of your new due date pic it looks like you're all set with every thing---are those my dresser drawers? hahaha i was wondering what happened to those?!!! hahaha :) i'm so excited for you guys! i can't wait to see pics of her and better yet to meet her! love you! twink

p.s. did you get the gift from us yet?

Scott said...

Hold on a second. Since when do you make red velvet cake, and WHY have you not made one for us in California?