Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crawdad Fishing











Marc and I went crawdad fishing at Strawberry Bay near Heber today. It was an exciting adventure! We left right after Marc's math class and he was so excited to go I couldn't resist trying it out. Marc had heard about doing this from one of his friends at work. I packed the cooler with lunch, raw chicken and fishing string. We fished for about three hours and kept reeling in crawdads---even pregnant ones! (See picture below). Marc is going to take them into work tomorrow and share them with his friends. You eat the tail with flavoring and that's it. Click on the video and Marc will give you a little explanation of what you have to do to prepare them.

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

You can even tell their pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Have you eaten one yet? They don't look too delicious :)

Liz said...

GROSS!
but i do like marc's "it's a good day" at the end. he's a funny one.

The Paurs said...

Wass, nice hat!

Susan said...

I haven't checked your blog for awhile. Wow! So fun to see it all. I didn't watch the video yet, (Nate's at the piano and I can't hear anything.)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I wouldn't eat a crawdad! So I was trying to read your blog from mine and realized when I added you I didn't save or something because I couldn't find your link. But now you are back on there!!!

Elizabeth Green said...

This is so cool! I never thought of eating a crawdad - is it kind of like eating shrimp?