
Here's a picture of my new knife, all ready for the handle. Don't worry, you won't be able to see all the holes that I drilled to cut down on the weight of the thing (It's just over 1/4" thick, high carbon steel) so ya, it's heavy. I've got a couple pieces of african mahogany cut out for the handle. It's a work in progress.

Here are a couple pictures of me recreating how I would slay Aloysius if I had my new knife I've been making from a Ford super Duty truck leaf spring. It sure would've been a lot easier
than dropping out of a tree during a jackalope stampede, grabbing the biggest one by the antlers and snapping his neck. You know that's how I got this big scar on my hand, right? I got gored by a jackalope. True story.
I've been slowly making this knife at work, It's called a Gurkha knife or a Kukri. They're from Nepal. When it's slow at work, I've been pulling out my grinders and making this thing. It's been fun, very dirty and challenging. The dirt and oil will just wipe off and it's hard to damage so out of all the things that I could do at work with spare time, I thought it seemed like a good idea. It's almost impossible to do homework in the shop and be able to drop it at any moment to go work on a car, plus the paper gets dirty and it's hard to think with all the noise. Poor excuse, I know, but I guess I'm still a little kid that want's to play army. (Dave at work found these helmets at a costume store that was going out of business! Sweet huh?)
I think I'll try to make a flame thrower for my next project...
3 comments:
I've learned so much about a knife that I had no idea existed. I'm impressed that somebody knows that much.
That is very shiny! Is it a good throwing knife?
Way to go Marc! Looks great!
Post a Comment