Saturday, July 5, 2008

Phillipino Food




































Marc served his mission in Naga Phillipines. I have always heard about food from his mission, but have never tried it so tonight was the night. We had Shauna, Lace and Zac come over to eat it with us...probably because my mom and I knew we would be too chicken to eat balut. We had chicken adobo, lumphia, fried fish balls, balut and ube icecream for dessert. My favorite was the lumphia and chicken adobo. The fish balls are like meat balls but fish and then balut is...well a fertilized duck egg. The pictures explain it all. Shauna, Lace and Marc ate the duck...I could not. It was a very fun night.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Gross. Shauna has a jackalope coming out of her forehead in one pictures.

elizabeth said...

Marc is eating that stuff like a pro. I'm proud of you for even trying that other stuff. Where do you find fertilized duck egg in the United States. Fun night though.

Anonymous said...

Would it be rude to say thanks for inviting us for American food?

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

wow...ew. Haha. Where did you guys find those eggs?! Tell marc that Lumphia is like my favorite food in the world!

tiffany garfield said...

All I have to say is...I wouldn't eat that! haha I'm a wuss! Fun though! I havn't seen ZAC since he left--he looks great!