
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Jamming With Grace
Grace and I made blackberry/strawberry jam from berries we picked at the Swanton Berry Farm off of Highway 1 near Halfmoon Bay. We also picked some pears from my dad's pear tree in California. I had so many pears leftover I decided to make some pear puree for Grace. It was a fun afternoon. I'm not sure Grace loves eating food other than milk...more seems to come out than goes in!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Cute! What a good mommy you are!
how fun! isn't funny when you feed them that it's all over the place and you don't even think she got any?! she is so, so cute katie! i love her big blue eyes. love them! isn't the bumbo the greatest thing? glad you're doing well ms. domestic. if i even attempted to make jam...i wouldn't even attempt, it wouldn't be good.
I'm not looking forward to all of that poop coming up.
You're such a good Mom for making a puree. Maybe I will attempt something like that, we'll see.
So cute.
What good use of a great harvest! I hope you two had fun at that. I saw the Barefoot Contessa make a wonderful pear/apple crisp yesterday with a little orange and lemon zest. Cut the pears and apples in chunks, add a little flour, spice, sugar, and a dash of salt. Topping of white sugar, brown sugar, butter, flour. Looked delicious!
Darling photos! Love, Carolyn H.
Sounds delicious! I have pears leftover...I will have to try that!
What beautiful jars! Looks like a very satidfying time. What a fun seat darling Grace is in.
Post a Comment