Thursday, March 18, 2010

Little Booties


One week from tomorrow, unless the baby decides to come earlier! She may because for the past few days I have felt her feet a few inches below my ribs and my stomach seems to be empty near the top where it was full a few days ago!

While on bedrest I needed to do something productive so I decided to learn something new. I made little baby booties! Well, they are technically ballet pumps, not booties, but it's easier to say booties. Aunt Susie called me and got me started a week ago and I finished today. I love them!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

so cute! I'm glad you are making good use of your bed rest time. Let me know if you need anything, I'd be happy to run some errands for you. I can't wait for your baby girl to be born!

Drae said...

Wow!! I am so impressed! They are darling. I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet little baby Wasson. I need to learn how to make some of those booties. Are they hard? I have the blessing dress I was blessed in and it's crocheted. There is a bonnet and one bootie. I would love to make two booties to go with it. Maybe I'll have to venture that way. Good luck in the next week. Can't wait!

KAT said...

Those booties are so cute! Where did you get the pattern?

We can't wait to meet your little baby. Hopefully we can come visit and bring you something cute like you did for our little one.

Let me know if you need anything.

elizabeth said...

It's the final countdown. I remember thinking, it's our last weekend, our last monday, our last whatever without a baby.

I can't tell you how exciting it is to finally meet the little girl that's been causing so many problems. It's like my ribs can't even remember.

The booties are so cute. The stitches, or whatever they're called, are perfect. At least you're making good use of your time.

Anonymous said...

I love the booties. I guess I'll have to get Susie to print the directions. Then I could make booties to match the baby shawls.

I love the fancy ribbons too and the dear little buttons.

Aunt LeJeune

De Rosa said...

Katie, they turned out amazing, how the crap did you get so much talent???

Susan said...

So darling! I LOVE the buttons, you're own cute little touch. She is a lucky little girl to come to such a welcoming home, and loving parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. . . . .
Way to go, Katie!
xoxox,
Susie