Tuesday, October 6, 2009

14 Weeks and Counting


Well I am done with my first trimester and you can tell I have a belly. I must say my belly looks bigger in this picture than in real life, but oh well. Here are some classic quotes from the past three months. One of my students said, "Mrs. Wasson you are getting a pooch, you are going to have to burn all that off." A good teacher/friend at work said before he knew I was expecting, "Wow, you are looking rather stout." And another good quote was today a girl from another room came up to me and said, "A boy in your class told me you are pregnant, is that true?" After I said yes she ran over to a group of girls and said it was true and one of them said, "She can't be pregnant she is too skinny." After seeing this picture I laughed about that comment.
Anyway, we are very excited. The baby is due on April 9th. I will probably end up being in labor on my birthday. Melissa, my sister-in-law, had the same due date last year and had Matthew on the 14th. I guess we will see how things go!
I just looked at the background of this picture and was disgusted at how messy everything is. All I can say is nausea will do that to you.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I think you look great! Are you still nauseated? Please tell me it is getting better. Can't wait to know if it is a girl or boy.

Jon said...

Congrats!!! that is such great news. You two will be such fun parents. Donnarae is due just a week later. Sure would be fun if we were still there.

Corey & Lexy said...

YEA!!! how exciting for you guys!! Well... we need to get together soon! Sorry we have been very very busy as usual but when you get some time we need to go to dinner, or something!

KAT said...

I am so excited for you! Let us know if we can do anything for you guys. And I think your house looks fine...not really messy. You should see mine...

tiffany garfield photography said...

hahaha you don't even look prego!!!! You are so small! The last quote had it right. I didn't know that about Matthew, how funny. So I feel for you because I know how sick you feel ALL THE TIME. You're at 14 weeks though so in about another month you should start feeling lots better. HOPEFULLY! I love you and miss you! I'm excited to find out what you're having! Love, Twink :)

Yo said...

Congrats Katie!!! I'm so happy for you guys, you really look GREAT! Hope you start feeling better soon!

De Rosa said...

You look amazing Katie! I am so happy you are having a baby. You are going to be one amazing MOM.

Jen I said...

Awwww! First babies are SO exciting! Spring is great for having babies. Congrats you guys!

Stefanie Miller said...

Congratulations, Katie and Marc! I am so excited for you and hope you are starting to feel better and that everything goes well.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

You look so cute! I miss you! hang in there with your class!

Lisa said...

Love the prego pics!! You're pretty darling, Kate! I hope you feel tons better soon, but until then, enjoy tying your shoes, painting your toenails and sleeping, because those are luxuries are going to disappear very soon...

elizabeth said...

How can kids even notice that? I hardly see anything and I'm looking. And you should tell your friend that you just don't tell girls that they're looking rather stout.

Anyway, I'm sooo excited for you two. Congratulations!!! Hopefully the sickness will pass soon.

Adam and Bri said...

Katie! We're pregnant friends. How fun! And yes, I'm due April 25 — so just a couple weeks behind you. I can't wait!

We should get together sometimes. It's been insanely too long since I've seen you!

Congrats on the baby! And you look great!

Elizabeth Green said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys!

The Dingbat (Adrienne) said...

Pooch, yeah thats it, because there isn't anything else around it. You look fabulous, skinny and like a cute preggo should look! xix, so glad it's a girl:)